Accidents with Drunk Drivers

If you were injured in a car accident with a drunk driver, you may be unsure of where to turn. The police likely filed charges, but that doesn’t solve your problems – medical bills, damage to your car, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. That’s where attorney Troy Marsh comes in. He will handle all of the insurance calls, negotiations, and hassle so you don’t have to. The Marsh Law Firm has worked with hundreds of clients to obtain the most money possible.

(912) 764-7388

Available 24/7 / Free consultation / No fee unless you win

"No fee unless you win" refers only to fees charged by the attorney. Court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client. Contingent fees are not permitted in all types of cases.*

An Attorney Will Handle the Complications of a Drunk Driving Accident

Car accidents with drunk drivers are more complex than a normal wreck. You will have to work closely with local police departments, like the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office or the Statesboro Police Department, to gather evidence that the other driver was intoxicated.

Once we prove they were drunk, we can determine how their actions caused the crash. They may have crossed over the center line while swerving or cut you off while making a turn. In any event, we will show that they were negligent and should pay for your damages.

Attorney Troy Marsh Will Negotiate With Insurance Companies to Get You Compensabeing hit by a drunk driver. The negligent driver’s insurance company may even try to limit their financial liability if the drunk driver’s actions were intentional.

Attorney Troy Marsh combats this by scrutinizing their policy and showing that the insurance company should pay your claim and cover your losses.

Attorney Marsh also works with your own insurance company if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Even though you are making a claim through your own policy, it can be difficult to get all of the compensation you deserve. That’s why it’s important to work with an drunk driving accident attorney who has experience negotiating with all insurance companies and their legal teams.

You Might Be Able To Get Additional Compensation After a Drunk Driving Car Accident

While it is common to get economic and non-economic damages after a car accident, you may also be able to get punitive damages. Punitive damages are meant to punish the drunk driver for conscious indifference to the consequences or wanton behavior, such as driving while intoxicated.

The Person Who Served the Drunk Driver May Also Be Liable

In addition to holding the drunk driver accountable for their actions, the person who served the negligent driver alcohol in excess may also be responsible.

Georgia Dram Shop Laws state that a third-party vendor may be responsible for a drunk driving accident if they serve any alcohol to a person under the age of 21 or more alcohol to a person over the age of 21 who is visibly intoxicated and who they know will be driving soon.

To hold a bar, restaurant, convenience store, or other vendor responsible, your attorney must produce evidence sufficient to prove by a preponderance of evidence (more likely than not) that the server knew the person they were serving was intoxicated, that the person would be operating a vehicle, and the alcohol consumption was the proximate cause of the injury or accident. All of this can be shown by gathering testimony from witnesses and consulting experts.